Tuesday, March 7, 2023

 In Weakness There is Strength 

   “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Cor 12: 9) 

   Like many other concepts of Christianity, these words from Christ to St. Paul seem to make little sense to our human understanding.

   When we feel empowered we tend to feel we no longer need to turn to God in our lives.  Our pride says we have it all under control.  But a big part of Christianity is realizing that we never really have it under control.  Things may go our way for a while and, if so, it is not by our own strength but through the grace of God.

   Once tragedy strikes, however, we again are reminded of how weak and out of control we are in this world.  Where our pride says, “I can do it”, our humility reminds us that only with God can it be done.  Sometimes God allows us to go down the path of our pride, bringing us to confusion and dismay in order to once again remind us that He is God and we are not; we need Him in all things.

   This life will always be full of difficulties, and we may be called to bear many crosses.  We must always keep in mind that God is in charge and when we place our trust Him we can overcome whatever mountain we may be asked to climb.

   St. Paul wrote, “I will rather boast of my weakness, in order that the power of Christ may dwell in me.” (2 Cor 12: 9).  When I am at my weakest Christ is at His strongest within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment