Friday, May 19, 2023

 God’s Heavenly Plans 

   “What eye has not seen, and ear has not heard, and what has not entered the human heart, what God has prepared for those who love Him.”  (1 Cor 2: 9) 

   When my wife passed away I knew that I had to live the rest of my life for God so that I could be reunited with her in heaven when my life on this world is done.  Already a devoted Christian, I felt I had to raise the bar, to try even harder to serve Him in everything.

   That decision began a journey into a much deeper relationship with my Lord.  I still look forward to that reunion, but I’ve come to realize that God’s kingdom is so much more.  Now I strive to live for God not only to be reunited with my wife, but because that is what God created me for.

   In my younger years I had ignored God, I never really knew Him.  My life was virtually void of anything spiritual or of God.  Looking back on those times I realize that there was an emptiness that couldn’t be filled with the earthy joys and pleasures that I sought.  There was a hole within me that only God could fill.

   When I married things changed.  My wife was a faithful Catholic and it was evident in all she did.  I saw it, and though I didn’t yet understand it, I knew that I needed what she so obviously had.  I finally realized that I must have God in my life, so I joined the Church.  I’ve often said that God brought her to me, and she brought me to God.  I have no doubt it was all a part of God’s plan to bring me home to Him.

   Heaven is an unknown and that is probably a good thing.  It is good to dream of the paradise He has created for His believers, to allow our dreams to grow as we grow more faithful.  I believe that heaven, just like life, will be a bit different for each of us.  God has prepared a place of unbelievable joy and happiness for all His children, and we are all a unique creation of God.  And yes, I still believe I will be reunited with my wife and look forward to being with her for all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment