Saturday, May 27, 2023

 How Will You Respond? 

   “He is always most willing, and is only waiting for you.  So what are you going to do?” (The Cloud of Unknowing) 

   The “Cloud of the Unknowing" was written by an anonymous English monk in the late fourteenth century.  It is a treatise on coming to grow closer to God through prayer and contemplation.

   When I read the quote above it stopped me in my tracks.  I had to put the book down and just think about what this meant.  I know that God is always with me, and I know that it is up to me to respond to Him, but what struck me is that He, the Almighty God, is waiting for me to act.

   There is a plan for my life and that plan has been known to God since before time began.  Even as I sit here writing this blog God has known what it will say since before time began.  Amazing!  It opens a whole new dimension to how I am to grow in my relationship with God.

   Even though He has and always has had a plan for me, it is totally up to me to accept His plan.  He will not force me though He will give me signs and indications of what I need to do.  His plan is one of love and eternal happiness with Him and what always astonishes me is that He waits for me to give Him permission to give me these blessings.

   The question, for me and for all of us, is what am I going to do about it?  Will I, like so many, ignore His callings or will I answer, “Yes, Lord, Your will be done.  We will answer many questions during our lifetime, but our place in eternity will be determined by this one; “What will you do when He calls?

No comments:

Post a Comment