Tuesday, May 30, 2023

 The Sands of Time  

   “To be sure, you establish the expanse of my days; indeed, my life is as nothing before you.  Every man is but a breath. (Psalm 39: 6) 

   My life, whether it ends today or continues for many years to come, is like a breath to the Lord who is eternal.  I count the days and the years, but they have no meaning to God who existed before time began and will continue after time as we know it has ended.

   If I look at an hourglass and consider the grains of sand as the days of my life it is evident that far more years have gone by than remain.  Early in life I looked at that hourglass and considered that I had all the time in the world.  I was a fool making a fool’s bet on how long my life would be.

   God alone knows the day of my departure from this world, I do not.  It becomes essential, therefore, that I look at each day and even each minute recognizing that it could be my last. 

   Accepting God and His will for me will determine whether I spend eternity in heaven or hell.  To delay is to risk my very soul.  For he says: ‘In an acceptable time I heard you, and on the day of salvation I helped you.’  Behold, now is a very acceptable time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” (2 Cor 6: 2).

   I can’t say with confidence exactly when I realized that I had to give my life to God, submitting myself to His will in all things.  It was and is a journey to come nearer to Him and the journey will continue until He comes to take me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment