Tuesday, May 9, 2023

 The Patience of God 

   I look back at my life and I am very thankful to God for having left me in this world for as long as He has.  Had He taken me earlier in life I am confident that I would be spending eternity in Hell.  I was living for self, seeking my own way and my own desires.

   But God is patient, He has given me the time to change, to repent of past sins and strive to avoid sin going forward.  St. Peter tells us, “The Lord does not delay his promise as some regard ‘delay’, but he is patient with you, not wishing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance." (2 Peter 3: 9).  That patience has saved my very soul.

   God desires that we return to Him rather than perish, He wants to forgive us and welcome us into His heavenly kingdom.  He sent His only Son that we might find redemption and forgiveness for our sins.  “He bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that, free from sins, we might live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed” (1 Peter 2: 24)

   Justice alone would have demanded my condemnation, but God offered me patience and forgiveness instead.  My only desire is to live the rest of my life for Him, serving Him in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment