Monday, May 22, 2023

 Wisdom 

   “I give you a heart so wise and so discerning that there has never been anyone like you until now, nor after you will there be anyone equal to you.” (1 Kings 3: 12) 

   The wisdom of Solomon was known throughout the world.  People from many lands came to seek His counsel and advice.  He ruled for many years and did great things for God.  His wisdom is still spoken of with awe and wonder.

   I also ask the Lord for wisdom, not to rule over a people, but to rule over my own heart.  I ask for wisdom to better know His will for me so that I may better carry it out.  I desire no kingship; I simply want to be a worthy servant of the King of Kings.

   In addition to wisdom, I ask for strength and perseverance.  There are many trials and difficulties in life and without the help of my Lord I have no doubt that I would be unable to withstand them.  No matter the hardship, God will see me through if I will just trust in Him and place myself in His loving hands.

   The purpose of life is to prepare for eternal life in God’s kingdom.  To reach that goal I need wisdom, strength, and perseverance.  Above all, I need to love God completely, trusting always in His ways, confident of His love and mercy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment