Thursday, May 11, 2023

 Humility and Obedience 

   Few would consider a life of humility and obedience to another a life well lived.  Humility is often confused with humiliation and obedience is considered an infringement upon one’s rights as an individual.  And yet, if the goal is to spend eternity in God’s kingdom, humility and obedience are absolutely required.

   When I look at God’s creations, the universe and all that is in it, how can I not know humility.  His majesty overwhelms me and makes me realize that I amount to very little in the larger scheme of things.  I have value not because of any good that I may have done because all good is from God.  I certainly find no spiritual value when I consider the sins I’ve committed.  In humility I recognize that my value comes only from God’s love of me.

   If I recognize God as the ultimate good, why would I not only be willing, but anxious to obey His will in my life?  There is no other way to sanctity but through the will of God.  There is nothing within me that can make me holy, only by the grace of God can this be done.  So yes, I will endeavor to always obey the one who can make me holy and bring me to Himself.

   Humility before God is recognition of His majesty, obedience to His will is understanding and accepting that His will is what will bring me to eternal paradise.  How can I not be humbled by and obedient to the One who created me, the One who loves me, the One calls me His own?

No comments:

Post a Comment