Tuesday, May 16, 2023

 God’s Will for Me 

   It is God’s will that I spend eternal life with Him in the paradise He has created for those who believe.  That I am sure of.  Though I may not always understand the why’s or the how’s of His will, it isn’t necessary that I understand, only that I strive to accept and follow it.

   There are times when I am confident that I am following His will, and it gives me great joy.  There are also times when I struggle to know if I am following His will.  I sometimes wish I could receive a sign to reassure me that I’m on the right path, but no sign is forthcoming.  But trust in God's plan always brings me peace.

   I’ve come to accept that whatever each day holds for me is the will of God.  If it is a good day, I give Him thanks.  If the day brings trials and difficulties, that too is God’s will for me, and I give Him thanks for those days as well.  The good days are a blessing, but I believe my faith is increased even more by the bad days.  They require that I quit asking why, to simply accept His will, and to place all my trust in Him.

   C.S. Lewis wrote, “God intends to give us what we need, not what we think we want.”  He may give peace and ease, or He may allow suffering and pain, but whatever His will is for me, it is His purpose to bring me to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment