Saturday, October 13, 2018


All Knowing

  “Lord, you have probed me, you know me: you know when I sit and stand; you understand my thoughts from afar.” (Ps 139: 1-2)

   My Lord is an all-knowing God; He sees, hears and knows everything I do.  He sees the good I do as well as the bad.  He knows what I’ve done and what I’ve failed to do.  For me this is both a blessing and a caution.  I’m blessed that He loves me and watches over me and I am aware that He knows all which encourages me to seek holiness and avoid sin.

   As I strive to answer God’s call and gain the sanctity which He wants to bring to me I am comforted by knowing that He is always there with me.  When times are bad He eases them; when they are good I bless and thank Him.

   His constant presence helps me avoid sin and those things which might harm my relationship with Him.  When tempted I turn to Him and plead for the strength to rebuke Satan and his enticements.  Should I fail in my effort and fall victim to Satan’s wiles I know that I can turn to God for forgiveness and the grace to do better in the future.

   The awareness of God and His knowledge of all that I do helps me respond to His will and do my best to follow the path He places before me.  His knowing and seeing all I do is both reassuring and strengthening.  His love and forgiveness comforts me; I am strengthened by the presence of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.  Three persons in one God are there for me to call upon in times of trouble or temptations.  Three persons in one God I praise and thank for their many blessings.

   I glory in God’s eternal presence.  His company and guidance will carry me through this sinful world in which we live and bring me to my heavenly home.

“There is nothing concealed that will not be revealed, nor secret that will not be known.” (Luke 12: 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment