Tuesday, October 30, 2018


The Vastness of God

   “If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me. And your right hand shall hold me.” (Ps 139: 8 – 10)

   
   The closest I can come to imagining the vastness of God is to consider a sea voyage.  There is no land for as far as the eye can see.  I can’t begin to know how deep the water beneath my ship is.  The stars I see at night are, at the closest, 4.3 light years or 24 trillion miles away.  The number of stars is so far beyond counting that I can almost begin to grasp infinity; but not quite.  No one knows how big the universe truly is and it  continues to grow larger day after day.

   The universe is enormous but the love God has for me and you is greater by far.  All was created from His love.  Everything in the universe and each one of us is a result of that love.  As great and vast as the universe is, God's love for us is greater.  He made us in His own image; He sent His Son to pay the price for our sins that we may be saved and spend eternity with Him.  Even the angels rejoice when we accept His love and forgiveness by turning to Him in repentance and sorrow for our sins.  “Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” (Luke 15: 10).

   Think of all that God has created and continues to create.  Take a few moments to try to imagine the vastness of God.  Whatever image you come up with pales in comparison with His love for us.  Our God is an amazing God, full of love and compassion for all who seek Him.

Father, your creation is beyond my understanding.
But even more incredible is your love for me.
Help me always seek a greater closeness to You.
Let me live in Your love throughout eternity.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment