Friday, October 12, 2018


Bold Faith


   Imagine the fears of the martyrs throughout history as they faced torture and death for their belief in Christ.  They had one thing in common; an unflinching faith in the Lord they served.  They chose to die rather than deny Him.  That is bold faith.

   Think of Saul of Tarsus on his first appearance before the Christian community in Damascus after his conversion.  They knew him as the greatest persecutor of the church.  But Saul, now Paul, stood before them and spoke of his sins of persecuting them and told them of his conversion.  They could have killed him on the spot and thought themselves doing a good thing, yet he placed himself at their mercy.  He trusted that he had been called by Jesus to be an apostle.  He had bold faith then and throughout his life.

   Unless I am known by my family and friends as a man of faith I have failed to have the bold faith that is asked of all Christians.  If someone walks into my home and doesn’t see my faith displayed I am weak in faith.  If I hide my faith when I am in the company of those who don’t believe I am a hypocrite and unworthy of Him.  If my display of faith causes discomfort and even danger to me I must still stand for Him no matter the consequences.  I too, must have bold faith if I am to be true to my Lord and God.

   I pray for the courage to openly and proudly show my faith.  I pray for the strength to stand for my Lord and be a good representative for Him to everyone I meet.  I pray for the bold faith shown by those who have stood for Him regardless of the cost.  He gave His life for me; should I not offer mine to Him?


   “Whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this faithless and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.” (Mark 8: 38)

No comments:

Post a Comment