Friday, October 26, 2018


Without God

   I would say that I have had success in life.  I’ve been married to a wonderful woman for over forty-eight years and have four great kids and several grand-kids.  I’m healthy, happy and satisfied with my life.

   I had a successful career in the Navy, retiring as a Master Chief Petty Officer.  Afterwards I spent twenty-three years in the wireless industry achieving success in that career as well.  I’m not wealthy, but I’m comfortable in life.

   Yet, if I don’t have God none of what I have is of any value.  Only with God in my life is there true success, happiness and satisfaction.  I’ve known those who have achieved far more than I but are not satisfied with their success.  Regardless of all they have they keep searching for more.  Many are searching in the wrong places.  They look for success in earthly matters rather than with God.

   If I became the wealthiest man on earth but didn’t have God I would remain poor.  If I owned the biggest house with all the best of everything it would be worthless without God in my life.  Luxury cars, yachts and all the favorite toys of this world are of no real value if I am without God.

   If I were king of the world but didn’t have the Lord in my life it would be a kingdom of emptiness and without joy.  Everything I might achieve; everything I may obtain; every worldly gift and pleasure I enjoy are as nothing.  If I were forced to choose, I would gladly forsake everything in this world to spend eternity with Him.  Life as a servant of God far exceeds a life of wealth and earthly pleasure without Him.

   God is in all; He created everything including each of us.  He exists within us even when we don’t recognize Him.  Until we accept Him and His will into our lives we will never know true happiness, peace and success in our life.

   “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our hearts are restless until they rest in you.” (St. Augustine)

No comments:

Post a Comment