Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Angels

   “Behold, I send an angel before you, to guard you on the way and to bring you to the place which I have prepared.” (Ex. 23: 20)

   God made the promise of an angel to guard Moses and the Israelites on their journey to the promised land.  The same promise applies to us.  He will send His angels to watch over us, guard us and help along the way of our journey through this life to the promised land of heaven.

   Jesus told His apostles, “See that you do not despise one of these little ones; for I tell you that in heaven their angels always behold the face of my Father who is in heaven.” (Matt. 18: 10).  Jesus said this while using a child as an example of those who are the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.  I believe it is just as applicable to all who approach God with the simplicity and trust found in children regardless of age.

   Movies such as “A Wonderful Life” and “Angels in the Outfield” are among the many  movies about angels and their role in our lives.  Television has also explored angels in such series as “Touched By An Angel” and “Highway to Heaven”.  There are numerous books detailing the existence of angels in the world written by those who have experienced their presence.  In many of these cases lives have been saved and angels have been seen even by those who don’t believe.

   Are there angels in your life?  If you believe God you must believe that He does indeed send His angels to watch over us.  I know that angels have impacted my life.  In at least two cases I am certain that should have died yet survived.  Without going into detail I can tell you that I have no idea how my life was spared other than the fact that God’s angel was watching over me.  

   Get to know your guardian angel.  Learn to recognize the urging and influence of your angel.  They can help make your journey home so much more rewarding.  Pray to them, ask them for guidance and protection in this world; perhaps we will get to meet them in the next.

Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom God’s love commits me here.
Ever this day be at my side, to light and guard, to rule and guide.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment