Wednesday, October 10, 2018


God’s Will

   “Be holy because I am holy.” (1 Peter 1: 16)

   It is the will of God that I be holy.  He doesn’t want me to be just “good” or “nice”; He wants me to be holy.  He wants to sanctify me and bring me into His kingdom.  He wants me to be a saint.  There is only one thing for me to do if I want holiness; I must submit myself to God and His will.

   When we hear people describe others as holy they are usually speaking of what they have done or how they treat others.  These things may be indicative of holiness, but they are not proof of holiness.  Even Satan and his demons can put on the façade of holiness when it suits their purpose of hindering our way to God.  History is full of people who were thought to be holy but were living a lie.  Their supposed holiness was for their own personal gain; to seek fortune or fame for themselves.  God alone brings true holiness, not outward appearances.

   There is only one path that will lead me to holiness and that is to give God permission to make me holy.  I can’t achieve holiness; only God can make me holy.  But He will not intrude upon my free will to do so; He will wait for me to give Him permission.  It is God’s desire, but it is my choice.

   To become holy I must live in the will of God and surrender myself totally to Him.  I must recognize that holiness may not be an easy path.  There may be crosses to bear and great obstacles to overcome.  But I am confident that He will give me the strength and ability to overcome any stumbling blocks on the way to Him.

   I know that holiness is what God has in His plans for me.  I know that His will may not be an easy journey, but I choose to welcome it regardless of the cost.  I pray for God’s intervention in my life and welcome whatever is needed to achieve the holiness he desires for me.

   “For God did not call us to impurity but to holiness.”  (1 Thes 4: 7)



No comments:

Post a Comment