Saturday, September 21, 2019

Blessed

   I have been very blessed.  I have so much to be thankful for.  I have the love and support of four wonderful children.  I have the love and joy of grandkids.  I have friends who love and care about me.  I was blessed to share my life with a wonderful woman for over forty-eight years, sharing the incredible love God blessed us with.  Most of all I am blessed that God loves me and wants me as part of His family.

   Have there been struggles?  Of course, there are always struggles in this world.  Some are more difficult than others.  Most difficult of all is living my life alone since Karen is no longer with me.  She remains in my heart and will forever, but the loneliness can be overwhelming at times.  I am blessed even in this by the knowledge that I will be reunited with her when this life is over.  We will continue to share the eternal love God has given us and spend eternity praising Him.  Our love will never die.

   There will continue to be difficulties until this life is over and I truly rest in the peace of my Lord.  The problem arises when I begin to think I can deal with them without the help of God.  I’ve learned that only with Him can I truly move forward with life.  I knew it all along but now it is the life-raft I cling to each day.  He is with me, giving me comfort and peace.

   My life continues and the blessings continue as well.  I thank God for all He has given me and for the blessings I know He will continue to give.  I know I will continue to struggle but with His help I will endure.  It is only through His love, mercy and grace that I continue.  He is my rock and my salvation.

Lord, life is hard at times.
We suffer pain and loss.
Thank you for always being there.
Thank You for Your many blessings.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment