Friday, September 6, 2019


Imagine

   “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man conceived, what God has prepared for those who love him,” (1 Cor 2: 9)

   I recently watched the movie “I Can Only Imagine”, the story behind the incredible hit Christian song written by Bart Millard and performed by MercyMe.  I rarely offer suggestions about movies but I strongly recommend this one.  Without giving away the whole story it is a movie about an extremely difficult relationship between a father and son and how that relationship led to the writing of the song.

   Anyone who has had a difficult relationship with another, particularly a loved one or family member can relate to this movie.  For several years my father and I were estranged; we had no relationship.  Sadly there was no healing before his death.  For years I’ve regretted that no resolution was possible.  Though we never reconciled in life, I continue to pray that Dad found God before his death.  It would be a dream come true if we were able to meet again and be the father and son we should have been in this life.

   The Holy Spirit can heal many things including difficult relationships.  No matter the issue or how long it has persisted there is always hope for healing.  With God all things are possible.  “I Can Only Imagine" is a beautiful example of God’s healing power.

   I caution only one thing.  If you choose to watch this movie you might want to have a good supply of tissues on hand.  I believe you will need them.

Lord, our lives can become so confused.
Human relationships can be difficult.
Help us to seek resolution wherever possible.
If not in this life, then in the next.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment