Sunday, September 8, 2019


Try, Try, and Try Again

   I was talking with a friend a while ago and she said how great it would be if God would just stop us before we sin.  I agreed but I also realize that is not the way it works.  God does not desire a world full of automatons who simply respond to His directives.  If we refuse to participate with His plan He will not drag us kicking and screaming to heaven.  He gave us free will because He wants us to voluntarily choose to follow Him.

   God will guide us, strengthen us and help us to avoid sin.  However, it takes our initiative to make it happen.  We must seek His help, ask for His guidance and pray for His strength.  It’s our responsibility to do those things that will lead us to God.  We have the choice of whether or not we will follow Him and try our best to avoid sin.

   Yet, no matter how hard we try we will continue to sin.  It’s in our DNA and has been since the fall in the Garden of Eden.  No matter how much we want to avoid sin we will still fail at times.  But by the grace of God and the mercy of Jesus we can be forgiven our sins.  No matter the sin, no matter how often, God will forgive if we truly repent and are sorrowful.  If we are willing to do all in our power to avoid sin, God will help us and again forgive us when we fail.

   It comes down to our effort and desire.  If we sincerely want to serve God and avoid sin we will be forgiven each time we fail.  If we do all in our power to follow His will He will help us.  God’s love is a love unknown to this world.  No matter how much we love another we can never even begin to understand the depth of God’s love for us.  This is the love that is our salvation.

   So try, try, and try again.  God knows our weakness and will help us if we sincerely try to walk His path in our life.

I’ve failed You many times I know
But when tonight I rest,
I hope that I can kneel and say,
Dear God, I’ve tried my best.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment