Thursday, September 5, 2019


Two Ways

   Each day I am faced with two options.  I can choose to live in God’s will or allow earthly temptations to pull me from Him.  These choices continue throughout the day forcing a decision on which way to turn.  I pray each morning that God will strengthen me to seek His will and reject the enticements of this world.  I pray that He will forgive me my failings.

   Some choices are easy.  I’m certain that Satan and his demons recognize that there are some things I will not do; commit murder for instance.  Therefore it is a waste of their effort to even try to tempt me in that respect.  I believe their plan is a very simple one; take one small step at a time.  Tempt me to sin in a way that I may fall into, perhaps a little white lie, or a glance too long at an attractive woman.  If they are successful in small matters, their temptations will take a step up.  They will test with other, more dangerous temptations.

   Therefore I must constantly be on guard.  It’s not the big horrific sins I am concerned with as much as the little things that over time add up.  I am never going to support abortion, but I must take care to not excuse anyone who does.  To support those who sanction grievous sin is to add support to the sin itself.  Satan must love the argument many make in this regard; “I’m against abortion but it’s not my place to tell others what to believe or how to live.”

   I read once that a part-time Christian will never defeat the full-time onslaught of the evil one.  Unless every moment of my day is guided by the will of God and the rejection of the other my soul is at risk.  I will fail at times I know.  But the Father will forgive and the Holy Spirit is within, helping me recognize my failures, giving me strength to try harder.

Lord help me focus on Your will.
Strengthen me to reject the temptations of this world.
Send Your Holy Spirit to guide me.
Lead me in the path of righteousness.

Amen

2 comments:

  1. It's a constant battle. We either move step by step toward Him or away. Knowing men as yourself helps me in my battle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jim, you are a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete