Friday, September 20, 2019


Change of Seasons

   I live in north central Florida.  Far enough south that I don’t have to worry about snowy roads, bur far enough north that I still enjoy some change of season.

   I find great comfort in the transition of seasons.  Regardless of how hot the summer has been, it will cool down.  For my friends in Michigan and other northern places cool down means mid 70’s or 60's during the day and mid 50's or 40's at night.  Sometimes we even get down to freezing for a few minutes at night (For those northerners laughing right now think about this when you’re shoveling three feet of snow from your driveway knowing that you’ll have do it again tomorrow).

   After the coolness of Florida’s version of winter I can look forward to the heat of summer returning.  And there are always the beautiful sunrises and sunsets I am blessed to see.  God’s world is so marvelous to observe.

   I look at my life in very much the same way.  In seasons of difficulty God will give me the strength to endure.  In seasons of peace and comfort I know that Satan will come calling trying to cause trouble, temptations and sins.  Still God will provide; he will help me reject Satan and his temptations and I will remain in the grace of God.  There is nothing that can’t be overcome with His help.

   Occasionally there may be storms, even hurricanes.  If I realize they will come and properly prepare they are no real problem.  In fact I see the majesty of God in the storms and do not fear them.  I prepare just like I do for temptations from the evil one.  I make sure I have what is needed to see me through them; for Satan’s calling I make sure I am safe in the arms of my Lord, for the hurricane I make sure I have needed supplies.  In either case God is in charge.  

   I look forward to the greatest of all change of season; that of transitioning from this world to eternity.  He calls me, He urges me to follow Him; I am one of His children.  He has prepared a place for me; it is up to me to live in such a way as to go that wonderful place.

Father, my life’s seasons change.
You strengthen me in times of trial.
You bless me with happiness and joy.
May I always live in Your will.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment