Tuesday, September 17, 2019


Peace

   “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give it to you.  Let not your hearts be troubled; neither let them be afraid.” (John 14: 27)

   Sometimes it seems my life is on a roller coaster.  One day I’m at the top of the hill, the next I’m at the bottom of the sudden drop.  Then there are the days when I feel upside down and spinning like a corkscrew.  I suspect those who read this blog regularly have seen indications of this in my writings.

   What I need to do is allow Jesus to take control.  On the days when I make a conscious decision to give all to Him, good or bad, the roller coaster ride is smoother and more fun.  It’s the days that I try to do it on my own that the ride gets really rough and scary.  Some days I question if I will make it through the day.

   I know in my heart that the solution lies in my Lord and my faith in Him so why do I even attempt to go it alone?  It’s always a mistake, some days a worse blunder than others.  I suppose it goes back to the cause for most sins and errors; pride.  Even though I know that I am nothing without God I still try to be independent and take care of things myself.  My Lord will let me do this if I please even though He knows it’s not best for me.  Thankfully He is waiting when I come to my senses and turn to Him.  He wraps me in His love and His mercy.  He brings the peace that the world can never provide.

   I suppose I will continue to make the mistake of trying to rely upon myself more than I should.  That’s one of Satan’s favorite ploys; let me believe I can do it on my own.  He knows I will fail every time and takes great delight in my failure.  And yet God still waits for me to return to Him and rest in His comfort.

Lord, I am nothing without You.
My life is utter confusion.
Help me to always turn to You.
To trust in Your love and mercy.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment