Saturday, October 19, 2019


End Times

   It’s always interesting when someone begins talking about the end times.  Some want to look at the world situation and try to fit events into what they believe are end of the world prophecies.  They see wars and rumors of wars; persecutions; nations rising against nations and think the end is near.  They see the desecration of holy places and organized efforts to destroy Christians and Christianity.  Some believe Jesus foretold the signs that would occur at the end of the world in Matthew, chapter 24.

   They forget that the one definitive statement Jesus made concerning the end of the world is also found in the same chapter, “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.” (Matt 24: 36).  It is not for us to know when the end is coming.  Be it tomorrow or a thousand years from now only the Father knows.

   I choose to take Jesus at His word and refuse to worry about the end of the world.  After all, all the things Jesus spoke of in Matthew 24 have been on-going since the time He said it.  There have been and continue to be wars and persecutions.  There have been and continue to be efforts to eliminate Christians and Christianity.  They have been happening since Jesus said these things over two thousand years ago.

   I think it is a trick of Satan to get us to focus on when the world when end when our focus should be on when we will end.  Our life may end at any moment bringing our personal end of this world.  Rather than concern myself with when the world will end I will live as if my life will end this day or even this minute.  I look forward to the end of the world and Jesus’ return in glory and prepare myself for that glorious event.  I will prepare for my death, my end of this world, by striving to do all in God’s will.

Lord, only You know when the end will come.
I don’t even know when my end will come.
May I be prepared for Your coming.
Whether in my death or the end of the world

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment