Tuesday, October 1, 2019


Little Things Matter

   Everyone wants to be a hero; they want to accomplish great things.  Whether in daily life, professional life or spiritual life they are always reaching for the brass ring.  This way of thinking often leads to disappointment rather that satisfaction.  Many times it is the little things that make the difference.

   Saint Mother Teresa told of visiting a factory that made parts for airplanes.  She noticed a man sitting and making little screws and went over to talk to him.  She asked him what he was making.  He replied that he was making an airplane.  Mother Teresa looked at him and said, “An airplane?”  He answered, “Yes, without these little screws, the plane will not move.”  Sometimes it’s the simple things that matter.

   All four gospels tell of the miracle of the loaves and bread.  With only five loaves of bread and two fish thousands of people were fed with basket loads of food left over.  Jesus can make great things out of very little.  He can do the same with whatever we can offer.

   People ask what we can do to revive the Church and Christianity in this time where so many want to push all things of God aside.  I say it is the little things.  It’s wearing your faith in public by the way you respond with love to all you meet.  It’s the willingness to stand up for faith even when it may offend.  It’s living faith in such a way that others notice and want some of what we have.  It’s never fearing to defend the faith even when it might be uncomfortable or even dangerous.

   I can’t change the world, but maybe I can help change my community, my family and my friends by my example.  I can offer the little things and let God use them to do great and wondrous things.  Though I can’t do all things, those things I can do I will do with love and faith, offering all to God.

Father use me in Your plan.
Let me live my life in Your will.
May the simple things I do
Be used for a greater purpose by You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment