Friday, October 18, 2019


The Perfection of Creation

   I am always in awe of the perfection of God’s creation.  Today I watch as the clouds begin to gather, expecting rain to follow.  I’ve no idea where the water in the clouds originated.  I live in Florida so perhaps it evaporated from the Atlantic Ocean or the Gulf of Mexico.  Then again it could have been gathering as the weather pattern crossed the country, bring water from far away.  Neither the wisdom of today’s meteorologists nor the superstition of ancient man can create the rain; only God.

   I see the live oak tree in my yard.  Its’ leaves provide cooling shade during the heat of the day.  It is a counterpart of a kind to humanity.  Humans need the oxygen the tree produces and releases into the atmosphere and the tree needs the carbon dioxide released by humanity.  Together they both survive.  Its’ branches provide a home for the birds and the squirrels and the acorns which drop every year feed the squirrels and offer the potential of more live oak trees.  We can plant the seed, but we can’t create the tree; only God.

   Look in the mirror and God’s glory is evident.  I have two eyes that can detect the slightest variation in color and shade.  At night they can detect the light of the Andromeda Galaxy over 2.6 million light years away.  I have ears that feel the slightest vibration and translate them into sound.  The May, 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens was heard from as far away as 140 miles.  My tongue can detect the taste of an incredible number of foods, helping me decide which I like and which I don't.  Man cannot create any of these organs; only God.

   I’m always amazed at the explanations offered to try to explain away God’s hand in creation.  When scrutinized they raise more questions than they answer.  If there was a “big bang”, who lit the fuse?  If creation is just a function of nature, who created nature and programmed it to accomplish its’ function?  There are many answers proposed; the only right answer is God.

Father, I see perfection in Your creation.
Your love is evident in all.
Make us good stewards of all You have provided.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment