Saturday, October 12, 2019


Under God's Protection

   “When we pray, Satan cringes.”

   I wrote those words a few years ago in my second book, “The Narrow Gate”.  I believed them to be true then and I am even more convinced of their truth today.

  Prayer is so much more than just words said or thoughts in our minds.  If we are truly God’s child our life becomes a life of prayer.  Even when we aren’t aware the communication lines remain open and our soul communes with God.

   I believe that I am truly safe from the evil one when I am in communion with God.  In prayer I’m protected from Satan and his evil temptations.  I can envision being surrounded by angels whose purpose is to shield me from Satan and his demons.  Perhaps Michael, who led the heavenly battle that resulted in Satan and his followers being cast out, leads the angelic troops surrounding me as well.  Michael and his angels are the warriors who protect me when in prayer.

   My Blessed Mother is another warrior in my defense against the devil.  Just the mention of her name is enough to send him and his demons screaming from me.  When tempted I call to her and evil flees.   I turn to Mother Mary and Satan is powerless before her.

   My loved ones who have gone before me in the grace of God also engage in the battle to protect my soul.  Those who are in the presence of our God intercede for me.  They pray to the Lord for His strength and protection in the fight to protect my soul.  They too drive Satan away.

   The Virgin Mary, angels and archangels, those loved ones in His presence and all the saints in heaven are the prayer warriors who fight the battle with me.  When they are called upon the is no force that can overcome.  God has given me such a powerful army of warriors to help protect my eternal soul.  I am blessed indeed.

Lord, You are my strength in all things.
You send Your holy army to watch over me.
I am safe in their blessed care.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment