Thursday, November 7, 2019


Belief

   “I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” (C.S. Lewis)

   The world provides indisputable evidence of God if we will only look.  The problem is we take it all for granted.  The proofs been there all our lives, so we tend to ignore the incredible miracles that abound each and every day.

   Just as the sun enables us to clearly see all else each day, God helps us to see what lies behind all else; His love, His majesty, His power.  None of what we see and accept as unfailing exists without His will.  He designed and created it and He is the One who keeps it in existence.

   We are no different.  I exist for only one reason, because God wills it.  Should He forget me for even an instance I would cease to exist.  The old Baltimore Catechism says that I was created to “know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him forever in Heaven.”  A pretty simple answer to the question of why we are here.

   We, however, are rarely satisfied with the simple answer, we want all the details; the how’s, when’s and why's.  When it comes to God, His will and His ways, the simple answer is the best.  In this life we will never truly know God or His purpose.  It is not for us to know, but to accept.

   There are two choices before us; belief or non-belief.  I choose to believe.  I will do all in my power to know, love and serve God in this life so that I can be happy with Him in Heaven.

Father, You want us to come to You in faith.
To trust in things we cannot see.
I ask that You open my heart and soul
I pray dear Lord, strengthen my belief.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment