Friday, November 1, 2019


The Voice of God

   “Never have I heard Him speak, but I feel that He is within me at each moment; He is guiding and inspiring me with what I must say and do.” (St. Therese of Lisieux)

   As I was preparing to participate in a three-day spiritual retreat beginning this afternoon, this quote from St. Therese came to mind.  Like Therese I have never actually heard God speak to me, yet I am confident that He is within me, guiding me toward the path He has chosen.

   I will do all in my power to set aside the cares and concerns of this world for the next three days and focus completely upon my Lord.  I will open my mind, my heart, and my soul that He may increase my faith, my love and my trust in Him.

   I pray for the discernment of His will so that I may know if I am on the right path.  I wonder sometimes why He can’t just tell me what He wants of me.  Then I remember, I already know what He wants of me.

   He wants me to follow Him, trusting that He will always lead me rightly.  He wants me to be made holy, something only He can accomplish in me.  God wants me to be a saint and to be in His presence throughout eternity.  All of this He will do if I will allow it.  I do allow it, I plead with Him to send His Holy Spirit to overwhelm me and for Him to overshadow me.  I pray that I will die to self and live only for Him.

Father take all I have.
I willingly surrender everything to You.
Fill me with Your love.
Lead me on Your path.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment