Friday, November 22, 2019


God Wants Me

   I am an imperfect man.  One who sins even though I don’t want to.  Many times I have failed to live in full accord with God’s will.  And yet, He wants me.  He wants to make me holy.  He wants to make of me a saint and welcome me into His heavenly kingdom.

   I’m sometimes amazed that my Lord truly loves me and wants me despite my shortcomings.  Certainly there are many holier than me, those who sin less than me.  But God is more interested in what I will allow Him to do with my life rather than with past mistakes and failures.

   I enjoy reading about the saints because it’s proof that saints aren’t born, God makes them when they allow Him to fully enter their life.  Many were great sinners in their earlier lives.  For years St. Augustine practiced heresy and lived a life of sexual immorality.  When He finally gave His life to God he became one of the greatest saints of the Church.  There are numerous stories of sinful men and women who became saints once they gave God permission to change their life.

   Nothing in this world can make me holy or a saint.  Only God has the power to raise me above my imperfections and sinfulness to live in His presence throughout eternity.  I can’t earn holiness; I can only aspire to it and give God my consent to make me holy.  He will not force me, but if I will let Him, He will change my life as He has so many others.  If I sincerely seek holiness He will grant it.  He wants each of us to be holy and live with Him forever in heaven.  What a loving, forgiving God we have.

Lord, make me holy.
Make me a saint.
I give You my life.
Use it to Your holy will.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment