Sunday, November 17, 2019


On Loan From God

   Everything I have is on loan from God.  My very life is not my own, but His.  My family and my friends are all gifts from God.  The love of my life was on loan from God.  I had to recognize that when He called her from me.  I called her mine, but she was a gift on loan from God for me to love and be loved.  Our love will continue throughout eternity.

   Each day I arise is a gift from God.  Some days are better and some not so good, but each is given me by my Lord.  He has a purpose for me in each one.  Though I may not know what it is I must simply trust that God knows though He may not always share that knowledge with me.  Perhaps in the next life I will be able to look back and recognize why God gave me each day.

   With this in mind I try to live my life each day as if it were my last, which it may very well be.  So many times we forget that we don’t control our destiny; our lives are not really our own.  Sadly, far too many ignore their own mortality, living as if they have all the time in the world.  Perhaps they may, but only God knows.  If I thank God for each day and live it as if it is to be my last I find a peace that helps me through the bad days and better appreciate the good.

   God has loaned me so many great things; friends, family, faith, love and hope.  He holds the note and He will call for payment when He chooses.  With confidence in His love and mercy, I thankfully accept all He has given and offer it back to Him according to His will.

Father, You have given me so much.
Help me always recognize that I am Yours.
Call me when You will.
Lead me home to You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment