Thursday, November 14, 2019


Psalm 139

   I love reading and meditating on the Psalms.  I especially enjoy Psalm 139; it gives me such comfort. When I’m down and don’t understand why things are as they are I turn to this Psalm with its’ assurance that all is in God’s hands.  His plan is perfect, far beyond my understanding.

   Everything that has happened and all that is to happen is known to Him.  He knows all there is to know about me, He created me and devised a blueprint for my life.  If I submit myself to His will, that blueprint is a map to eternal life in His presence.

   No matter where I go or what I do, He is there.  In happiness and in sorrow; in joy and in pain, He is there.  Nothing I can do will change His love for me and His desire that I love Him in this life and join Him in the next.

   He gave me freedom of choice so if Satan can somehow convince me to change God’s plan for me that is possible.  However, the cost of that decision is loss of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit in my life.  A choice that leads to self-inflicted damnation.  God will never send me to hell, but He will not stop me from choosing to go.

   I take consolation in the fact that God is in control of all I do if I allow it.  I can choose the Father that created me for holiness and sainthood, or I can choose to turn the other way and join Satan.  I have the choice of heaven or hell.  I choose heaven.

Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
And see if there be any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting!
(Psalm 139: 23 – 24)

No comments:

Post a Comment