Monday, November 11, 2019

Stormy Seas

“And he awoke and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, ‘Peace!  Be still!’  And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.”  (Mark 4: 39)

   Just as Jesus calmed the sea when the apostles were in fear of perishing, He calms the seas of my life.

   I sometimes think of my life as a voyage at sea.  A small vessel in the seas of a world damaged and disfigured by sin and immorality.  Sailing on the waters of this fallen world I sometimes experience great storms and violent winds.

   There are times when I, like the apostles, fear that this little ship of mine will be swamped and overturned in the storms of evil brought about by Satan.  I fear that my ship is in great danger and about to sink.

   I turn to Jesus in my distress and He calms the seas of my life.  Regardless the trials I face or the crosses I must bear my Lord is always there to see me through.  He gives me comfort and peace and calms the storms of life.

   There is nothing I can do to deserve such love and mercy from my Lord and yet He wills to give it.  The only thing I can offer in return is the life He has given and the many blessings He has bestowed upon me.  I turn to Him and offer everything to Him to be used according to His will.

Lord, the seas of life can be rough at times.
There is turmoil and despair.
It is then You calm the stormy seas.
You restore me and I will praise you forever.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment