Friday, November 8, 2019


Here I Am

   “And the Lord came and stood forth, calling as at other times, ‘Samuel! Samuel!’  And Samuel said, ‘Speak, for your servant hears.’” (1 Samuel 3: 10)

   “And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?’  Then I said, ‘Here am I!  Send me.’”  (Isaiah 6: 8)

   “And Mary said, ‘Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.’”  (Luke 1: 38)

   God calls each of us.  It may be to do great works; it may be to do small works with great love.  Some are called to the Priesthood or other ordained, consecrated lives.  Though most of us are not called to such a life, we have a calling and it’s crucial that we seek to know it.

   Some are called to sacramental marriage; a relationship that is to mirror as closely as possible God’s loving relationship with His people.  Marriage is one of the most frequent analogies used to reveal the relationship God has with His people.  In a truly sacramental marriage we put forth our best effort to emulate that relationship, committing ourselves totally to the other.

   Many are called to various ministries of the Church; to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, house the homeless.  There are many ways in which we may be called by God, but they are all of importance because they are what God desires of us.

   Few of us are called as clearly as were Samuel, Isaiah and the Blessed Mother.  Sometimes His call is in a whisper that we will never hear unless we prepare ourselves in pray to hear Him in the silence of our heart and soul.  Prayer, patience and devotion are essential to hearing the call of God.

   God calls, He waits for your answer.

Lord, I am Yours, call me.
Use me as You will.
Strengthen me to serve You in all things.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment