Sunday, July 11, 2021

 All Powerful God 

   “Ah, my Lord God!  You made the heavens and the earth with your great power and your outstretched arm; nothing is too difficult for you.” (Jeremiah 32: 17) 

   When I see all that God has created and all He has done I am amazed.  I’ve even more amazed that some seem to think the difficulties or trials they face are beyond His power to resolve.

   Anyone who has faced serious turmoil in their life readily understands that there are some things beyond their ability, they simply can’t cope.  Those who don’t often become depressed and despondent, unable to deal with their problems. 

   My life, like most others, has seen times of trouble and great difficulty.  I don’t even want to consider what the outcome would have been had I not turned to God, seeking His help.  He will never refuse to help one who comes to Him, He is a God of mercy and love.

   We may sometimes feel that He has deserted us in our time of need, but it’s never true.  He will take us by the hand and lead us if we allow.  When we feel abandoned, it is most often because we have let go of His hand and pridefully tried to resolve our problems without Him. 

In times of trouble You are there.

You take my hand, You support me.

Your help and Your mercy is eternal.

Let me rest in Your love in all things. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment