Monday, July 26, 2021

Faith 

   “Faith is the realization of what is hoped for and evidence of things not seen.” (Hebrews 11: 1) 

   My faith is the most important part of my life so I would like to be able to explain faith easily and competently to those who do not have it.  But how am I to explain something that can’t be proved but must simply be accepted?

   The peace I have in my heart and in my soul wasn’t there before I came to know my Lord and placed all my trust and faith in Him.  I know that my life is much happier and joyful through my faith.  In faith, I know there is no obstacle that cannot be overcome.

   My faith isn’t something that I learned by studying, though reading scripture, the lives of the saints, and of those who have lived their life in faith has increased it.  When I read of those who willingly gave their lives rather than deny their faith, I desire that I may have so great a faith.

    Faith isn’t something that can be gained through science or technology although the science of the world speaks boldly and unquestionably of the God who created all.  The complexity of the human body, the majesty of the universe and even the simplest microscopic creatures are proof of a God worthy of all faith.

   My faith is what gives me the desire to get up in the morning.  It is what refreshes me when life seems to be getting me down.  In faith there is hope and help through the trials and tribulations of this world.  No matter the difficulty, in faith there is hope and help.

   When all is said and done, I understand that faith isn’t something I can achieve on my own; it is a gift from God, given freely to those who seek it.  

Lord increase my faith.

Remove all doubt and question.

Fill me to overflowing with Your love.

Lead me always nearer to You. 

Amen

  

No comments:

Post a Comment