Thursday, July 15, 2021

 There Is a Reason 

   So many things happen that I don’t understand.  There is beauty, joy, and happiness in this world, but there are also troubles, trials, and tribulations in this life.  Sometimes I can make no sense of either.

   God, of course, knows why all things happen.  I just sometimes wish He would share with me His reasons.  But I must always remember that He is the Almighty, He is God, not me.  From me He desires trust, faith, and hope.

   Trust that even when I don’t understand, I will accept.  His reasons are far beyond me, and I’m not expected to know them.  But I am expected to trust that whatever occurs is best because it is God’s will.

   I must place my faith in Him.  I must recognize that He knows better than I what is best for me.  I think of St. Joseph; he accepted the pregnancy of Mary because an angel told him how she had become pregnant.  He didn’t question, he took her into his home.  He watched over and protected her and our Lord as God asked.  He had faith that what he had been told was true and acted accordingly.

  My hope is in the Lord.  No matter the problems of this world, He is in control.  He may allow me to suffer the consequences of my sinfulness, but He is there to forgive and take me into His loving arms.  But I must ask, I must sorrow for my sins, and I must determine to do better in the future even though I will fail again.  And when I fail again, He will still be there to forgive.

   Life is not always easy.  Trust, faith, and hope require effort.  I must always remember He is God, and His way is always the right way. 

Lord there are difficulties in life.

Our life can be hard.

But in You is hope.

May I always trust in You. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment