Saturday, July 31, 2021

 Hope for the World 

   “To be in love with God is to be in love with the world.  To hope in God is to hope in the salvation of the world.” (Frances Xavier Nguyen Van Thuan, “The Road of Hope: A Gospel from Prison”) 

   I cannot say that I truly love God unless I make every effort to love all of God’s children.  I cannot say that I truly hope in God unless I pray for the salvation of the world.

   God is love.  Not love for just those who do His will but for all.  His desire is that no one perish.  We were created to be with Him, and the ultimate purpose of humanity is to exist in the love and mercy of our Lord.

   His love is so compelling that He sent His son, Jesus Christ to pay the price for my sins; a price I am not able to pay.  He was tempted just as I am, yet never sinned; he was reviled, yet never responded to the hatred.  In the end He was betrayed, abandoned, beaten, and hung on a cross to die for my sins.  Even then, His love knew no bounds, “Father, forgive them, they know not what they do.” (Luke 23: 34).

   This world I live in was created by Him to be a paradise yet became tainted by the stain of sin.  Sin is all around us, but still God is with us.  His creation continues and, when Jesus comes again, will be made new.  What was created to be a paradise will be replaced by the true paradise that is heaven.

   Love, mercy, forgiveness, faith, and hope.  If we love Him, we must love our neighbor; if we ask His mercy, we must have mercy for others; if we desire forgiveness we must forgive; if we have faith, we cannot lose hope in God. 

You created out of love.

You sustain us with Your love.

May we share that love with others.

May we maintain our faith and hope in You. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment