Saturday, July 17, 2021

 Trust in Christ 

   “And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be. (John 14: 3) 

   I have two choices; I can accept the bad with the good knowing that all is according to God’s will, or I can complain and grumble about the difficulties in life.  I choose to maintain the peace in my heart by accepting, even when times are rough.  I know that my fate was determined by Jesus’ death on the cross.  If I place my trust in Him, the troubles don’t seem so bad.

   There are so many today who choose to grumble and complain rather than look ahead, thankful for God’s love and mercy.  To use a golf analogy, some see the beauty of the green ahead and others only see the sand trap.  I’m certain that those who focus on the beauty of the green enjoy their game much more than those who constantly worry about the sand trap.

   The same is true in life.  Those who place their trust in God can weather the storms of life, knowing that the future will bring the joy and happiness of heaven.  Those who chose to always complain may also come to enjoy heaven, but the journey through this life will be much more difficult to bear.

   The storms will pass, and the sun will shine brightly.  The winds will abate, and the seas will calm.  Life will always have its difficulties, but the war has been won; good triumphed over evil on the cross at Calvary over two thousand years ago. 

We complain about the woes of life.

We let them overshadow your blessings.

Let us instead trust in You.

Let us live in the hope you promise. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment