Monday, July 19, 2021

Home is Where the Heart Is 

   For the last few days I’ve been in San Diego visiting family.  It is a beautiful city with great weather, although terribly expensive.  I’ve enjoyed my visit but am also looking forward to returning home.

   My life has been a series of journeys, I’ve traveled all over the world and seen many wonderful places as well as some that were quite desolate and uninviting.  I’ve enjoyed my travels, and I thank God for the opportunities to have seen so much of this world He created.  Still, wherever I went it was always good to get back home.

   Home means many things to many people.  It may mean where they were born and grew up or where they are now living.  Some say home is where the heart is, and I believe that is maybe the best definition.  Where the heart is becomes what is most important in our lives.

   If my heart’s desire is the treasures this world has to offer, my home is here and now.  However, if the desire of my heart is eternity with my Lord and my God this life is one of exile.  There may be much happiness to be had in the world, but it is all short-lived and temporary.

   Wherever I live, wherever I travel, I know that I am not truly at home.  I love life and all the blessings God has given me but the blessing I desire most of all is the pure love and happiness that is to come. 

Lord, I’ve seen many things in this world.

Your creation speaks to Your majesty.

But this is not my home.

Bring me to my eternal home with You. 

Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment