Saturday, June 10, 2023

 A Life in Review 

   Sometimes it seems my life passes before me like a movie.  It can be disconcerting but also a blessing.

   I recall the many blessings the Lord has bestowed on me in this lifetime.  The blessing He still gives me though I am undeserving.  It reminds me of how great His love for me is; that even though I have failed Him many times He still loves me and watches over me.  I offer my praise and thanksgiving to the all-merciful, all-loving God.

   Other times I recall the many times I turned my back on the Lord, seeking pleasure and joy in the world rather than in His will.  I believe God allows me to remember my sins to remind me of His mercy.  I know they are forgiven, and I also know that “…as far as the east is from the west, so far he removes our transgressions from us.” (Psalm 103: 12).  Still the thought of them brings sorrow and regret.

   Life will always be a mixture of joy and happiness, good times and bad.  I believe this is very important to growing in the spirit.  If I never knew sorrow I could never understand joy.  If I never knew pain I could never understand happiness. 

   God gives me what I need to become the man He created me to be.  Sometimes I don’t understand and sometimes what He gives me is difficult to bear.  But crosses are a part of the Christian life; without the cross of Jesus there would be no salvation.

   In good times and in bad, I pray for the strength and perseverance to submit to His will in all things and to give Him thanks always.

No comments:

Post a Comment