Saturday, June 24, 2023

 The Patience of God 

   “The Lord does not delay his promise, as some regard “delay”, but he is patient with you, not wishing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3: 9) 

   There are times in my life when I would certainly have gone to hell should I have died.  Times when I had turned from God seeking joy and happiness in the allure of worldly things; living only for self.

   But God did not take me during those times.  He was patient with me, not wanting me to be lost for all eternity but to turn to Him in sorrow and repentance.  When I finally came to my senses He forgave my sins and remade me into His son.

   It's impossible for me to fully express the anguish my past sins cause me.  Not because they are not forgiven, but because they remind me of how sinful I can become without the grace and help of God.  And I know that, without doubt, I could sink that low again should the Heavenly Father withdraw His help from me.

   I often turn to God and again thank Him for His patience.  I recognize that I was on the road to condemnation and my God cared enough to give me time to understand the error of my ways and turn to Him.  He gave me not just a second chance, but many chances to change my life, to avoid condemnation and return to Him.

   I will be forever grateful for His patience and love.  I will do all in my power to never offend Him again.  By his grace I have been saved and by His grace I am now on the path to His heavenly kingdom.  All glory and praise to Him forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment