Thursday, June 22, 2023

 Heaven On My Mind 

   “What eye has not seen, and ear has not heard, and what has not entered into the human heart, what God has prepared for those who love him.” (1 Cor 2: 9) 

   There are few things that bring me such peace and comfort as considering what awaits me in heaven.  Of course, that assumes that I will get there, which is the whole purpose of my life and how I try to live it.  I pray that, with His help, I can reach my lofty goal of eternal paradise.

   I know that it really isn’t possible to know what God has waiting for me in heaven, but that doesn’t lessen the desire I have to contemplate what it may be.  I know it will be pure joy and happiness in the perfection of all things as God has planned.

   I look at the world God has created and the beauty of His creation and wonder how much more beautiful it will be when I see as it was truly meant to be.  Perhaps the perfection of Eden before the fall will be on full display for those in heaven.  No pain, no sorrow, only joy and happiness.

   My heart aches for the reunion with loved ones who have gone before me.  To know love as God intended it to be, a love that cares more for the good of the one loved than for self.   Jesus was the perfect example of such love.  He loved us so much that He gave His life that we might know eternal happiness in the kingdom of God.

   I can’t know what heaven will be, but that doesn’t mean I can’t consider what it might be.  It gives me joy to ponder what it will be and my faith tells me that it will be perfect in all ways.  The details may have to wait, but I don’t mind waiting for paradise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment