Friday, June 16, 2023

 Walk by Faith 

   “For those who believe, no proof is necessary.  For those who don’t believe, no proof is possible” (Stuart Chase) 

   As Christians we walk by faith in Christ.  We have never seen Him, but He is with us.  We can’t touch Him, but we know He is in our heart and in our soul.  I wonder how many non-believers realize how much they also walk by faith.

   In the musical “Annie”, they sang, “The sun’ll come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there’ll be sun.” (“Tomorrow”, lyrics by Martin Chamin, Charles Strauss).  But maybe the sun won’t come out tomorrow, maybe the world will end today.  Death may come knocking this very night.  To even consider that there will be a tomorrow is itself an act of faith.

   My faith is not in the things of this world, it is in God, and the world to come.  Whether there is or is not a tomorrow, there will be an eternity.  The things of this world will disappear in the blink of an eye when Jesus comes in glory.

   Those who do not know God might say my faith in God is no more likely to be true than their faith that the sun will rise tomorrow.  I suppose from their worldly point of view, they are right; I certainly can’t categorically prove that God exists.

   However, if I am right I will spend eternity in God’s kingdom.  If they are right humanity simply ceases to exist and all that we lived for, all that we did comes to nothing at our death.  I choose to place my faith in a loving, merciful God, confident in the promises of eternal paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment