Friday, June 2, 2023

 The Peace of Christ 

   “Peace, I leave with you; my peace I give to you.  Not as the world gives do I give it to you.  Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.” (John 14: 27) 

   In the world there is very rarely peace and even what peace there may be is often based on lies and misconceptions.  The only source of true peace is our Lord, Jesus Christ.  If I have His peace I can resist the angst and worry that the devil wishes to impose upon me.

   I am fully aware that there are many problems in society and in the Church today, just as there have always been.  And it is also true that there is little that I can do to fix those problems.

   Though I can’t change the world I can refuse to allow the world to change me, filling me with doubts and worries.  I can accept the truth in Christ’s words, “In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world.” (John 16: 33).

   The world is a mess just as it has always been and will continue to be until the Lord comes again in glory.  I have two choices; I can let the woes and evils of this world overwhelm me and rob me of my peace, or I can trust in God and remain at peace, confident that all is in His glorious hands.  I choose to keep my peace and trust that Jesus truly has “overcome the world.”  Amen Lord!  Come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment