Wednesday, May 27, 2020


A Blessed Day

   Every day is a blessing from God, but some days seem more blessed than others.  This has been one of those days.  It’s only appropriate that I take the time to acknowledge that fact and give thanks to God.

   I awoke well rested and ready to begin the day.  At my age there are many times a few pains and discomforts when first awakening but not today.  I thank God for the sleep and rest during the night and for feeling good this day.

   Mass was exceptional.  A sermon on grace and what it means touched my heart.  To think that God loves me enough to give me the grace needed to serve Him in this life and spend eternity with Him is a beautiful thing.

   Holy Eucharist is especially meaningful after so many weeks of being unable to receive Communion.  The absence taught me again how very important it is to receive the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of my Lord.  I thank Him for His sacrifices that allow me share in this incredible miracle.

   Today, for the first time since Coronavirus struck I was visited by my two daughters.  We had a great visit, sharing the latest news and enjoying a wonderful lunch.  My oldest daughter’s birthday is Sunday, so we took this opportunity to celebrate it together.  Family is so very important and so many people lose their family over the most insignificant of things.  I thank God for the love of family.

   God has blessed me greatly today.  I am humbled by His love for me.  I just wanted to take this opportunity to let Him know how thankful I am and tell Him that I will do my best to live my life for Him and in His will.

Lord I thank You for this day.
You have blessed me in so many ways.
You love me though I am unworthy.
Help me live and do all for You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment