Saturday, May 16, 2020


The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit

   “But whoever denies me before others, I will deny before my heavenly Father.” (Matt 10: 33).

   As Christians we believe in One God in three divine Persons.  God, the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.  All are equal in glory and majesty.  All are the great “I AM”.

   In the name of ecumenism I fear we often endanger our beliefs in an effort to find peace and co-existence with other religions, those that do not recognize the Triune God.  Some say that Christians, Jews, Muslims, and others worship the “same God”.  But that is not true.  If they do not acknowledge and worship the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit they do not worship the God we worship.

   To recognize the sincerity and devotion of other religions is perhaps a good thing, but to say we all worship the same God is a fallacy and a dangerous one.  Without the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, the god others worship is not the one True God.  To believe otherwise is heresy.

   Can those who don’t recognize the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit find favor with God and enter His presence in eternity?  As we used to say when I was in the Navy, “that’s above my pay grade”.  I don’t know but I do know that our God, the one true Triune God is a merciful God who wishes condemnation upon no one.  I have to put faith in His love and mercy.

   We should never belittle the faith and sincerity of other religions.  To do so is not following Jesus’ command to love our neighbor.  But to pretend that we all worship the same God denies our core believe in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Father, there are many who worship You in different ways.
Still, they seek to know and serve You.
In Your mercy, look with favor upon their sincerity.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment