Tuesday, May 26, 2020


The Fruits of the Spirit

“The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. (Gal 5: 22 – 23)

   In His love I will find love for others.  I will see everyone as children of God, loving them as I love myself.

   When I have the joy of the Spirit hardships are easier to bear.  Despair cannot overcome the peace and joy God provides.

   Patience is something I struggle with, but in learning patience I learn to give all things to God.  I must accept that all will occur in His time and I must wait.

   To be disrespectful or unkind to others is unacceptable when the Spirit has shown such kindness to me.  I am to share that kindness with all.

   Generosity is not just charity from excess.  Spiritual generosity urges giving even when it is difficult.  It encourages giving even out of need.

   In faithfulness I must always trust in God and His will.  He is faithful to the end; I owe Him the same loyalty.  Even when I don’t understand, I still must trust.

   I must show gentleness to all, even to those who may wish me harm.  Nothing and no one in this world can deprive me of the love and mercy of God.  In gentleness I can live this truth.

   Self-control is another of the Spirit's fruits I wrestle with.  It’s so easy to let emotion over-run control, saying and doing things I later regret.  I’ve gotten better in this respect, but it is still sometimes a work in progress.

   If I live my life according to the fruits of the Spirit I will not only be happier, but a better Christian.  It’s not always easy and at times I fail.  In His mercy, God forgives and helps me try harder.

The fruits of the Spirit strengthen me.
They make me better.
Let me live in the Spirit.
Serving You in all I do.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment