Thursday, May 28, 2020


The Temptations of Satan

   “Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” (1 Peter 5: 8)

   It seems to me that Satan knows me far better than I know myself.  How else would he be able to strike with such ferocity at the areas of my greatest weakness?  The things I struggle with the most are consistently the focus of His lures and temptations.

   If life is a battle between me and Satan I am doomed to failure.  He is far too strong and persistent for me to resist.  Only with the help of God can I reject him.  In His strength Satan is defeated. 

   When Paul asked the Lord to remove the angel of Satan from him, the Lord replied, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Cor 12: 9).  My weakness is such that I can’t always resist the devil and his temptations.  Knowing that, I must turn to God for the strength needed to overcome the evil one.  Only with His help can I succeed.

   I’ve accepted the fact that this life will be a constant struggle against Satan and his temptations.  I know that I can’t win the battle alone.  But with the help of the Lord all things are possible.  When I call upon Him, Satan flees.

I am far too weak to defeat Satan.
Only with Your help can I prevail.
I turn to You for strength.
With You I can overcome the evil one.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment