Friday, May 15, 2020


Living Day by Day

   The Lord has given me another day.  What am to do with this gift of His?  I will try not to be concerned with earthly matters, simply leaving them to God, focusing on His will for my life.

   I can’t change yesterday and I’m not sure tomorrow will come.  This day, these hours and minutes are all I have to show God how much I love and adore Him.  It is my earnest desire to do all things in His will, to give Him all.

   I don’t know what today will bring.  It may bring joy, or it may be a struggle.  Each day is a new experience in life full of potential but also the unknown.  All I can do is trust in God, knowing that He has my best interest in mind.  Good or bad, the day is His gift to me, and I thank Him.

   I will try to meet everyone with love in my heart.  I will do the best I can to overcome the temptations that Satan brings each day.  I will most likely fail in some way and will need to pray for God’s mercy and forgiveness.

   When evening comes I will look back over the day.  I will ask God to help me see the times I’ve fallen and ask His forgiveness.  I will ask Him to strengthen me to fail less often.  I will look for His many blessings, giving Him thanks and praise for His love and mercy.

   This day is all I have and even that is tenuous.  Just because I awoke this morning doesn’t mean that I have a full day ahead of me.  God may call at any time and I wait in joyful anticipation for that call whether it be today or years from now.  All is in His hands and I will trust Him in all things.

Lord my life is in Your hands.
I don’t know the length of my life.
Help me live each day as it if were the last.
May I always trust in You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment