Monday, May 18, 2020


The Cares and Worries of the World

   It seems the world is in serious trouble, but when I look at history there have been worse times.  It’s important to see that the world has been a mess since the fall of of Adam and Eve, Satan has seen to that.

   Like most men I have something inside that says I’m supposed to fix things.  When I can’t it’s almost as if I’m not doing my job.  But the truth is I don’t have the ability to change the world, I struggle to change my own life.  Accepting this fact has brought me peace in a troubled world.  No, I can’t fix it, but neither can anyone else.  Only God can effect the change that is needed.

   I can't fix it, so what can I do?  Just ignoring the situation isn’t the answer.  I believe the answer is to understand that we are all exiles in a broken world.  Satan and our sins have broken it and it will remain so until Jesus comes in glory.  In the meantime I can live my life as best I can to follow Him and His ways.  I can reject the evil and celebrate the good that is in the world.  Most importantly I can trust in God.

   St. Paul said, “I have been crucified with Christ; yet I live, no longer I, but Christ lives in me;” (Gal 18: 19 – 20).  This is the attitude I need; to recognize that I am to live for Christ and let Him live within me.  In this way the evils and trials of the world can never take from me the peace I find in God.

Sometimes it seems the world is a mess.
Jesus came to give us hope in a broken world.
I place my trust in Him and await His return.
Amen, come Lord Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment