Saturday, July 18, 2020


A Day in the Life

   Each day is a struggle.  A struggle to live according to God’s will.  A struggle to not allow the evil so prevalent in the world to steal my peace of mind.  A struggle to reject Satan and his evil ways.

   Each day is also a blessing.  Another day to share life with friends and family.  Another day to seek God in all things, knowing that He will always be there.  Another chance to serve Him better than I did yesterday.

   I am faced with a choice.  I can allow the struggles to overwhelm me and become discouraged and disheartened.  I can give up and quit even trying to follow God’s will.

   On the other hand, I can reject the world and its’ evils, turning to God for His strength and support.  I can rely upon the Holy Spirit and allow my life to be guided aright.  I can place my hope and trust in God who can do all things.

   I will choose God; I reject Satan.  I will strive to live with Jesus as my guide, following Him all the way to heaven.  I will understand that this world is not my home, it is not my final destination.  Only with God, can I reach the promised land.

   When this life is nearing its’ end I pray that I will be able to honestly say, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” (2 Tim 4: 7)

In You there is strength.
In You there is hope.
May I have the strength to follow You.
May my hope in You come to be.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment