Monday, July 13, 2020


Walk With the Lord

   “I shall walk before the Lord in the land of the living.” (Psalm 116: 9)

   Wherever I go, whatever I do, the Lord is with me.  I firmly believe this so it is my responsibility to seek His will in all I say and do.  I must question whether my actions will please Him or offend Him.  There is no hiding, there are no secrets; He is always there.

   There is peace and comfort in His presence; there is also the knowledge that He is aware of my every thought and action.  “You sift through my travels and rests; with all my ways you are familiar.  Even before a word is on my tongue, Lord, you know it all.” (Psalm 139: 3 – 4).  Nothing I do or say is hidden from God. His light illumines all.

   As I walk with God in this life there is struggle.  Satan tugs at my weaknesses and tempts me.  God awaits my decision; will I succumb to the evil one or turn to Him?  He will not stop me from sinning unless I ask, He will not force His will upon me.  Even when I sin, He is beside me still.  With sincerity of heart I seek Him, and He responds with mercy, love, and forgiveness.

   He will walk with me throughout life, He will never leave my side.  Though He will not turn from me, He will allow me to turn from Him.  Free will gives the decision to me alone.  Will I choose to follow His will or walk away from Him?

   Each day brings a new choice, the choice of good or evil.  Each day is a new opportunity; the opportunity to walk closely with God through all eternity.

Father, the choice is always before me.
You are with me; will I walk with You?
The temptations are great, and I am weak.
I rely on Your strength to see me through.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment